GENERIC LAYOUT FOR A VEHICLE
WITH AN ELECTRONIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
• fleetVMSII provides protection against premature engine failures caused by overheating, general loss of engine oil pressure and coolant.
• fleetVMSII employs anti-tamper circuitry and is calibrated by an external programmer, thus hampering any attempts by unqualified personnel to disconnect or render the system inoperative, affording the user optimum protection.
• Prompt reaction to loss of oil pressure below manufacturer’s minimum specification.
• System self checks on initiation of engine start for tampering on critical circuits, prohibiting engine start-up if tampering detected.
• Audio warning to alert the driver of a pending engine malfunction.
• System constantly monitors all sensor inputs. Should an abnormal condition occur that exceeds 5 seconds an audio visual alarm will be activated to alert the driver.
• fleetVMSII can incorporate an additional oil pressure sender switch calibrated to react at a higher pressure needed for higher engine speed further enhancing the protection.
• A coolant sensor can be substituted for the coolant level switch when a suitable header tank is not available, ensuring all round protection.
• Harness is produced in one colour wire, improving the system integrity.
• Memory recall for last event greatly assists the technician attending to the breakdown to quickly and efficiently identify the cause of the shutdown.
• The top of the fleetVMSII range includes a memory download facility. This information is valuable when investigating a recurring problem.
• The system can be over-ridden by an authorised person for one trip only provided it is considered safe to do so